As you are well aware, there are many superb blogs and websites available. It’s not hyperbole when I say there are far too many sites worth visiting. Nevertheless, I have some of my favorites related to Saint Paul, biking, history and news that have helped me and are worth sharing. When you have an extra moment or two, check these out.
- Saint Paul By Bike blog in the Pioneer Press/Twin Cities.com – Saint Paul Pioneer Press reporter Frederick Melo does an outstanding job covering the City of Saint Paul. If you live or work in the Capitol City, Fred’s coverage of development, politics, and other important issues is required reading. Fred’s story about Saint Paul By Bike is another nice piece that makes me look better than I really am. Thank you Fred!
- Streets.mn – This is a transit and land-use-focused blog that is written by volunteer bloggers and is a non-profit entity. (I contribute edited posts of SPBB.)
- Saint Paul Historical tells more than 270 fascinating stories about people, places and things in our fair city with interactive map links. You can view this site on a computer or via free iOS and Android apps. Brought to us by Historic Saint Paul.
- The Minnesota Historical Society is an amazing resource for every Minnesotan. The exhibits at the History Center in downtown Saint Paul and dozens of historical sites around the state are fun for all. For research, the website is unbeatable for access to images, maps and other documents.
- Some shameless self-promotion here. Curt Brown featured “Saint Paul By Bike” in the “My Minnesota” feature in the Sunday, November 3, 2013 StarTribune newspaper and on its website.
- JohnBredesen.com – John writes about whatever crosses his mind. Sometimes thought provoking, sometimes funny, occasionally total fiction, his posts are quick and fun reads.
- Ramsey County Historical Society – Another great place to learn about Saint Paul and Ramsey County history. RCHS offers a fantastic free tour of the Ramsey County Courthouse/Saint Paul City Hall, an architectural gem built during the depression. Saint Paul Union Depot is another fine venue open for free tours. Follow the link for tour days and times.